The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books team
So here is my TBR for Bout of Books 13.0. I am so excited to participate because I have one book I NEED to finish by Wednesday for my book club and then I am just itching to get more books read, plus I will be driving over 24 hours with my family this weekend to go to my sister’s university graduation and pack her stuff to bring home. I fully intend to do some mega reading in the car and listen to an audiobook I’ve been working on. 1. Finish Gone With the Wind
- I only (haha “only) have 120 pages left of this book.
- I need to have it done for my book club by Wednesday and since I didn’t get all the reading done last time I really need to, also no excuses.
- I’ll have this done by Wednesday at the least, maybe earlier.
2. Listen/Finish (?) The Goldfinch
- I have just under 20 hours left of this, which is still 60% of the book but since I’ll be in the car for a long time this weekend, this actually seems possible.
- Finishing this would be nice because I don’t want to drag out listening it for too long and risk forgetting most of the story.
3. Read/Finish some YA
- Because it’s easier to get through and I have two books I think will be relatively quick reads.
- I don’t often feel the desire to read YA (not like I used to) so I want to take advantage of the desire when it comes to me.
- I have two books for this, The Shadow Cabinet and Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl.
- I also have a Jon Wyndam book that isn’t YA but is short and I got used because I wanted to try his stuff out.
4. Read/Finish Graphic Novels
- Probably the most fun of my pile because I love them and they are both continuations of stories I’ve already started.
- I have the second bind up of Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel to read for this.
- Technically they are trade paperbacks of comic books but totally great stories I’m excited to get back into.
So that’s my TBR for this read-a-thon. I do have a few other books I’m working on but they are rather big and my goal here is to get through a few smaller books. I’m scared the bigger ones will bog me down too much. I’ll keep you all updated throughout the week!